Friday 7 December 2012

Julsånger : Swedish Christmas songs!

Let's look at some famous Swedish Christmas songs, starting with "Nu tändas tusen juleljus."

(Here is what wikipedia has to say about it in English).

Let´s start with the text.  Here´s a summary.

Thousands of Christmas candles are lighting up houses during the Christmas season.   And with those lights comes the good news that our Lord Jesus Christ is born, and he is our savior and God.
The star over Bethlehem, may its gentle light shine in with hope and peace to every house and home.
In every dark and poor heart, send a gentle beam of Gods love light in just this Christmas.

I am not real sure what Emmy Köhler was going for, but if this was a prayer that every family that celebrates Christmas would really and truly understand Jesus as their savior and God, then I give a resounding AMEN.
If she is pointing to the merciful gift of Jesus as our savior that can penetrate the poorest and darkest person, then I say Amen!

I would love to hear more about what this song is all about....because especially when I have kids now, I want to know more about what it is I am teaching them!!




Nu tändas tusen juleljus
på jordens mörka rund,
och tusen, tusen stråla ock
på himlens djupblå grund.
Och över stad och land i kväll
går julens glada bud,
att född är Herren Jesus Krist,
vår Frälsare och Gud.
Du stjärna över Betlehem,
o, låt ditt milda ljus
få lysa in med hopp och frid
i varje hem och hus!
I varje hjärta armt och mörkt
sänd du en stråle blid,
en stråle av Guds kärleks ljus
i signad juletid!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Systematic Theology, Chapter 39

*Just a reminder that this study of Wayne Grudem's book, Systematic Theology, is not by any means me teaching, but rather a simple sum...